Communication Skills for Business
Success is led by the power of communication Skills
In today’s workplace, soft skills such as communication skills are pivotal for success. With communication skills consistently being one of the top skills employers are looking for, developing these skills can give candidates a big edge on the competition.
Communication Skills for Business (CSB) is one of the newest certification programs offered through Certiport. Candidates for the CSB certification will be expected to be able to effectively communicate in a business setting. While the key skill being measured is communication the nature of the exam will also help candidates with the other 3 of “the 4 C’s”:
- Critical thinking – which will happen as they think through how to effectively communicate
- Collaboration – which will stem from effectively communicating with others
- Creativity – which is required to present appealing communications
Impact of Communication Skills
- For students/candidates, Soft Skills for Business is a resume builder and helps students/candidates become more employable.
- For educators, these Skills for Business ready-made, self-scoring exam saves instructors’ time by using the certification exam as a class exam, mid-term or final exam.
- For workforce education, Communication Skills for Business increases job placement rates and stabilizes/increases funding options.
- For corporations, Communication Skills for Business provides job skill enhancement for employees and saves money by not having poor communications.
Why should job candidates seek a Communication Skills Certification?
Poor communication is very expensive for companies. Studies have been done that estimate businesses with 100 employees lose an average of $420,000 per year due to poor communication between employees. The cost goes up based on the number of employees.2
The CSB certification gives job candidates the proof they understand good communication and have the skills needed to be effective and efficient in their jobs, while saving the company money by not communicating poorly.
Soft Skills for Business (CSB) exam is a box exam with innovative selected response options. When a question deals with visual communications, there are corresponding visuals to illustrate. Same for written communications.
It is a 50-minute exam with approximately 35-50 questions. An individual preparing to take this exam should have approximately 150 hours of instruction and hands-on experience in formal communication theory and practice.
The proficiency level expected for the exam can be attained through learning and practice tests. This level of knowledge required to pass the exam is outlined in the Objective Domains (OD’s). These OD’s are the basis for all the learning materials, practice tests, and certification exams.